A message from our President, Michael Harrison
The Business Advisory Group has assisted over 1000 clients since 1984 including retailers, manufacturers, distributors, service providers, franchisees and home-operated enterprises.
We’ve helped startups, established businesses, both successful and troubled, and individuals who simply wanted to explore the possibility of creating a business.
Our longevity and the strength of our value proposition clearly lies in the collective wisdom of our members, who typically have 30 years or more of successful, hard won, practical business experience – we’ve already made many of the mistakes you haven’t yet and can help you avoid!
Our members also share a strong passion to give back to the community and hence, the modest cost attached to our services. Where else, for example, can you get 90 years of experience dedicated to your business problems for three hours for only $150! Our nominal fees are designed to be well below “market value” and are used to cover basic organizational expenses including liability insurance for our members, who volunteer their services free of charge.
In addition to our scheduled in-house consultations and mentoring programs, some of the other worthy activities and organizations that the Business Advisory Group supports, either by active participation, support and/or presentations to, include;
- “Women as Career Coaches” – Halton Industry Education Council’s conference supporting female mentors to act as career coaches to empower young women to take control of their futures
- “Men as Career Coaches” – Halton Industry Education Council’s conference supporting male mentors to act as career coaches to empower young men to take control of their futures
- Junior Achievement – Management and Human Resources keynote lectures (an International Conference hosted by McMaster University)
- Summer Company Programs – Entrepreneurship education for college students (Mississauga and Hamilton Small Business Centres)
- “Ask The Expert” – Contributors (Halton Small Business Centre)
- “Start Up Business” – Workshop (Inaugural Immigrant Women’s Small Business Expo)
- Business Presentations – Community Colleges, local groups and associations including the Optimist Club and Mompreneurs
I invite you to review the backgrounds and credentials of our current membership below and to consider engaging in a dialogue with us that I’m certain we’ll both find interesting.